Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Colorado Diet Success: Julie

Beginning weight: 209.2
End weight: 164         
Total weight loss: 45.2

Julie led the State of Slim pilot class from day one. In the first week she lost nearly ten pounds, and remained the biggest loser every week for 16 weeks. She always said she just followed the rules exactly, which, although true, downplays the amount of work she put into adopting this new lifestyle. Throughout the 16 weeks, Julie served as our leader and the person I strived to emulate. Beyond her positive attitude and ability to juggle a change in an already busy life, her persistence to succeed motivated all of us to aim for better and better results. All of us here at Children’s Colorado are proud to call her one of our own.

Here is what Julie had to say about her journey:
“I continue to be amazed by how utterly amazing the whole experience has been. I have done things I never dreamed of when it comes to exercise; I’ve had more will power than I thought possible; I’ve improved my state of mind along with my physical health and appearance; and I’ve met some super cool people along the way who I now consider friends! I can honestly say I haven’t felt this good in years! I’m fitting into clothes that had been collecting dust in my closet for years just waiting for me to lose the weight. And I’m not going to lie, it feels fantastic when people comment on my weight loss and how ‘good’ I look! I feel a sense of pride and accomplishment that had been smothered for quite some time!”

For the future, Julie aims to reach her goal weight and has found even more ways to incorporate exercise into her busy day. She continues to inspire employees with her success.


 

Julie before (left) and after her experience on the State of Slim.

No comments:

Post a Comment